We could go on and on, grappler. The brackets for Worlds have been up for a few days and they present some potentially great and possibly epic matchups between the best in the world. So, tell your mom you just don't have time to practice your accordion this weekend or vacuum your room or even play with your WWF action figures. You have Worlds to watch and nothing will stop you. You might have to forego your allowance, but it will totally be worth it.
Take a look at the brackets for the black belts here. It should be a great tournament. No Roger, Tarsis, Xande or Braulio. But, there are many many great champions competing and as well as a host of new guys looking to make their mark as world champs. Don't miss this.
Our quick predictions:
- Rooster: Caio Terra wins this by boring. We're sure of this.
- Light Feather: Guilherme Mendes.
- Feather: This division should be interesting. Our pick - the legend, Cobrinha, of course. But, Rafael Mendes could easily take this and American, Justin Rader, and Bruno Frazatto have solid fighting chances.
- Light: Langhi wins this. Lepri, Kron and, site favorite, JT Torres all have shots too.
- Middle: This is all Marcelo Garcia, but watch for Claudio Calasans to make a move. Last year's final was close.
- Middle Heavy: The logical pick is Romulo Barral, but we would not be DSTRYR/SG if we didn't hope for Eduardo Telles to take this. He's a true wild card and we are betting on him.
- Heavy: Rodolfo Vieira is the favorite to win, of course, coming off of Pan and World Pro gold. But, it's a tough one for us. We're pushing for Lovato Jr. Alexandre Ceconi and other DSTRYR/SG favorite, Bernardo Faria, are in the mix too.
- Super Heavy: Buchecha will likely walk over the competition in this division. He already sub'd stand out Bruno Bastos at this year's Pan. He's like the golden boy of BJJ right now, plus he has a cool nickname (half the battle right there)
- Ultra Heavy: Cavaca over Cyborg. Both men are equally scary. Braga Neto cannot be counted out either.
- Absolute: Without Roger this year, I'm going with Romulo, but I'd love to see Marcelo make a run for this. Logical pick is a big man (Cavaca, Vieira, etc.) but we (and often jiu jitz) are all about defying logic.
So, that's that. If our words don't persuade you, we're sure this awesome highlight video will have get you.