Forward: We're at it again, grapplers! Collaboration! This time we're teaming up with The Jiu Jitsu Laboratory (TJJL, to me, because I apparently love abbreviations) to bring you a truly killer primer on the importance of drilling in BJJ by David, the man behind TJJL. David is all kinds of thorough and technical, as I'm sure you know. If you're not, then check out TJJL - it's kind of like the smarter version of DSTRYR/SG without all the sarcasm and Mexican wrestler references. Suffice it to say, we're honored to work with him.
But, wait. There's more. This is also a contest. So, read on and enter. For any entries via DSTRYR/SG, you can send them directory to me: francisco[at]dstryrsg.com. Go!
Gianni Grippo - Leg drag drill
Jordan Shultz - Berimbolo drill
Team Lloyd Irvin - Butterfly sweep drill
Francisco “Sinistro” Iturralde - Back take drill
Jiu Jitsu Laboratory - Spider guard omoplata drill
- Send a video to the Jiu Jitsu Laboratory or DSTRYR/SG by e-mail, Facebook, Twitter or commenting on this article.
- The video should contain you or your teammates drilling a Jiu Jitsu move of your choice.
- A brief explanation about the drill would be helpful, but not required.
- After 1 month we will sort through the entries and draw two grand-prize winners and two runners-up. Grand-prize winners will receive either a Jiu Jitsu Laboratory T-shirt and sticker, or a T-shirt and sticker from DSTRYR/SG.
- Runners-up will be sent a sticker-pack from either blog.
- Submitted videos may be included in a future post unless otherwise requested.
- Good luck to everyone who enters and keep in mind the reason for the contest: to encourage everyone in the Jiu Jitsu community to dedicate themselves to drilling just a little bit more.